The work of selling a product is becoming more difficult every day. We are overwhelmed by information and advertising, especially on the web. Even when your e-commerce manages to correctly apply all the positioning strategies to stand out in search engines, you still sell little or nothing. Why is it? Is it possible that your e commerce does not generate sufficient confidence.
The increase in cyber attacks has caused people to become skeptical about the websites they use and not feel comfortable leaving their private and financial information online to make a purchase. If you feel that your ecommerce is not generating confidence in your potential clients, follow the tips below that will help you identify what the problems are and how to solve them.
How is the image of your e-commerce?
1. The first impression counts: Start by reviewing the design, if it is old or outdated it will not make a good impression, the same way bad spelling or grammar can affect the image of your company. People do not feel confident in an organization that does not know how to express what they want from you.
The ideal is to hire specialists in these areas that can give the right image to your company. Also consider that if poor wording can affect the rankings of a Google search.
It is important that the prospective buyer is clear about the characteristics of what they are going to buy and the benefits that they will bring. Therefore, the entire image of your website must clearly express what your message.
However, the trust is not only in the image, the company also has to convey confidence at the time that your customer is going to make the purchase, at that time, you should consider the following:
2. Clients want to know who you are: There you can show the physical and / or legal information of the company. The more information you offer, the better, company history, mission, vision, business objectives, professional team, managers, etc.
3. Contact you easily: The contact section must have all the necessary information so that the customer can communicate with the company without problems. The information should include telephone numbers, emails and physical address (if available). Using Google Maps is the best way to show a physical address. There are other channels that can facilitate communication such as chats or interaction with users in social networks, will bring more value to the company.
What do they say about your company?
4. If managed correctly social media can be a great help and a fundamental tool for any business, as they allow a channel of communication with customers.
Users today pay a great deal of attention to the reviews a company receives on the web. If there are negative comments it is possible that this generates distrust. Therefore, it is important to manage this type of problems as quickly as possible, and contact
the affected clients, to reduce the impact that these comments may have.
Generate confidence in your e-commerce beyond the image
5. Use SSL certificate for your website: This way you are already guaranteeing the visitor that you are an authentic and reliable site regarding the registration of your personal or banking data, as these will travel from encrypted form. To have it, just ask the company where we have hosted the domain and configure it in your content manager.
6. Show your stamps and certificates of quality: There are different certifications that will make your online store generate more confidence, for example, “Online trust” that guarantees the protection of your data and your rights as a consumer or, “Ekomi” to demonstrate that your payment is safe. There are also others like ChambertTrust and Fevad.
7. Clarify return policies: Clearly state in which cases they can apply and when they can not.
8. It offers multiple payment options: Offer your clients all the payment options you can, so that you can choose the one you feel most comfortable with. Paypal, bank transfer, credit card, etc. are among the best known. It is also important to make clear if it is necessary to charge some type of commission.
The security of your customers’ data must be paramount for you when making any online transaction, and you must prove it using all possible methods so that you feel comfortable and safe when visiting your e-commerce.