One of the first steps you must take to protect yourself from a cyber attack is to have an antivirus, the web is full of threats, so we should be prepared for any eventuality of this type. The question is: how to choose a good antivirus between many options that exist in the market? And which one best suits your needs?
The risks of not being protected are very high, the fact of not having a good antivirus, could bring serious consequences just by accessing the most common sites: an infected email or websites with malicious codes, could bring any virus type or malware such as: Trojans, a computer worm or the feared ransomware, which would allow the cybercriminal to take control of your computer and your personal information.
Each user has different needs, so it is important to define which antivirus is the one that suits you best. Follow some basic tips to protect your computer and your most important information.
How to choose a good antivirus for my devices?
Before choosing an antivirus, you must define the use that you give to your computer, so you will know the protection level you need, it is not the same an antivirus for a company to a personal one, also, if you only check the mail or social media, or if on the contrary, you use your computer for downloading videos and entering many unreliable websites. There are risk in both cases, but precaution levels can be adapted.
Take into account the computer speed, if it is a new and fast computer you won’t have problem using a powerful antivirus, but if it is an old and slow computer, you will need a lighter program, so that it does not affect your PC efficiency.
After you determine these characteristics, you can start to choose features, which can be adapted to the computer and your budget. Also, choose an antivirus compatible with the operating system you are using.
- You can find on internet paid versions or the free ones, generally, the paid versions will give you many more options, analyze if it is worth making the investment. It is best to choose one with a trial version, with you can test antivirus before paying the license.
- It is essential that the antivirus you choose has a firewall, this will allow you to protect your device from any unauthorized access to your local network by some cybercriminal.
- Consider the product reputation: buy products with have good references in the market, recognized manufacturers will give you credibility and confidence, in some cases you can see awards and recognitions given by associations and specialized media, as well as the opinions of others users through forums or specialized websites.
- Make sure buy it at the official store
- Even if you have a fast computer, it is advisable to look for an antivirus that consumes few resources. A good antivirus should protect your computer without delaying processes.
- Choose an easy-to-use software, an antivirus must perform its work automatically, in real time and almost without you noticing.
- A point to value is that the antivirus has customer service, which can provide technical support in case of any problem.
Plus+ to value
- Some antivirus programs also offer a multiple devices license, this allows you to protect not only your computer but other devices such as your mobile phone or tablet.
- If you have children, you could use an antivirus with parental control, with this you can limit the children access to the internet.
- To reinforce your computer security, some antivirus programs bring other advanced features, for example: Protection against ransomware, artificial intelligence that updates defenses while computer attacks evolving, antispam, phishing protection, protection against banking trojans, among others. Depending on your budget, you can add it to improve your security.
HushApp: Another type of information protection
Do not think that just by choosing an antivirus you will be completely safe, the technology advances and with it the cyber attacks, si If you have more security, it will be better for your computer. The good news is there are other solutions to continue protecting your privacy, many of them are free, and will not modify the budget that you have prepared for cybersecurity.
For example HushApp, which in its FREE version allows you to store and share your most important files easily and securely, through end-to-end encryption systems and other features that will help protect your privacy.
We invite you to try HushApp…