Did you know that there are applications that allow you to spy on your mobile devices? Yes, they are called spyware or software to spy on devices. They are applications that can be downloaded by anyone for free with a simple search on the Internet. All you need to do is simply install it on your victim’s device and begin spying!
The capability of these applications might be shocking to learn. They can access all the conversations that are carried out by WhatsApp or other social media, intervene the microphone of your device, know the geolocation, and even activate remote camera to see what happens around the phone at all times.
Imagine a scenario where a guy gives his girlfriend a cell phone, but without informing her, installed a spy application. Through this spyware they can monitor all online activity without the user being aware. Despite this being an extreme example, in general, people should be aware of their privacy and understand how easily it can be compromised
These types of applications are usually offered to parents to “monitor” their children’s mobile devices, or for a boss who wants to monitor employees. This can undoubtedly generate a great debate regarding privacy.
The only thing we can do is protect our devices from these type of applications, and here we explain how.
How to avoid being spied on with spyware applications?
- There are simple signals that can alert you if something strange happens on your cell phone. One of them is the performance of your battery, although it can be due to many causes, if you detect an unusual battery consumption, it is possible that there is an app of this type.
- Check the list of applications, if there is any unknown, You can uninstall if you do not need it.
- Do not lend your cell phone to strangers, although it seems obvious, it needs to be said. A spyware can be installed very quickly and silently.
- One of the easiest and most effective ways is to install anti-spyware applications, these will allow you to detect if the device has installed malicious software. You can also install an antivirus, some computers already come with anti-spyware installed.
- Only install applications that come from official stores.
- If you already have the suspicion that you are being spied on and you have not managed to eliminate the spyware, a preventive measure is to have the device in airplane mode which will cancel any type of connection to the outside.
- Avoid using public Wi-fi: These are an open door for an intruder to access your information. If you need to, here are ways to use a public network more securely.
- Check the permission you are giving to each application: Check what permission you give to each application, and if you really need access to the camera or microphone.
- If after you have performed all the previous actions you still have suspicions that you are being spied on, you can restore the phone to the factory state.
- If the situation is already delicate enough, it will be necessary to report the incident to the police.
Avoid spies of flesh and blood
Even when we apply all security measures to protect your mobile devices, there will always be “spies of flesh and blood”, those who like to take a look (without permission) and review the information in your cell phone. And for this type of spy there is no anti-spy app or sanction.
But if you can make their life more difficult in a very simple way, add and combine more complex authentication patterns, use the actions that are recorded in the device’s sensors as fingerprint or facial recognitions, among other things that hinder access from an intruder trying to spy on your device.
Finally, encrypt your files, keep them safe in applications such as HushApp, so you can access and view the contents on your cell phone. Your files will remain protected within your HushBox.